Membership of FFR not only lends voice to our work but members are also encouraged to play an active role in it. FFR is open to all freelance journalists who may be exposed to risk while working in foreign environments and who agree to adhere to its Code of Conduct. There are two types of membership, ASSOCIATE and FULL.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP: is a free of charge association with FFR. Benefits listed below.
- Monthly newsletters.
- Networking and professional development events.
- Access to safety and professional resources
- Profile displayed on FFR’s public registry, opt-out option available.
- Help support and champion freelance journalists’ safety and welfare.
- Be part of an international community of independent journalists.
- Safety kit loans and discounts on purchase of new kit.
- Frontline Club membership discount.
FULL (or PAID) MEMBERSHIP applicants are subject to a higher verification process. It is open to freelance journalists who not only meet the FFR membership criteria but are also required to have up-to-date safety training certification and need professional references. Full membership attracts an annual fee of $75 (USD) and enjoys the same benefits as associates but has the added benefits below:
- Ability to order an FFR international PRESS CARD
- References for accreditation purposes from the FFR
- Discounts on professional insurance rates